Cecil Street Railroad Overpass Project
Update for August 12 through August 18
Cecil Street (Green Bay Road to Hunt Avenue)
- The street is closed to traffic.
- A detour is posted using Green Bay Road, Winneconne Avenue and Commercial Street.
- Traffic will be able to use Green Bay Road and Jewelers Park Drive to cross Cecil Street in a north-south direction. Cecil Street west of Green Bay Road will remain open. Expect lane restrictions and loose gravel on Green Bay Road and Jewelers Park Drive. When using this intersection, drivers should follow the rules for driving a roundabout. For information about this, go to How to Use a Roundabout.
- Work this week will consist of paving the vehicle travel lanes. NOTE: Residents please do not park on the street. Vehicles will be ticketed and towed. Concrete paving in the roundabout and the roundabout merge lanes will be substantially completed. The Neenah Slough Bridge is completed but it is not open to traffic.
Cecil Street (Hunt Avenue to Marathon Avenue)
- This street is closed. Harrison Street is also closed between Fairwood Drive and Gail Avenue. Hunt Avenue remains open as a north-south crossing.
- Major earth work to build the bridge approaches has been completed.
- Construction on the easterly bridge pier will continue. Concrete work on the west abutment is ongoing. Pile driving will begin on the east abutment.
- Until further notice, there will be no public access to the Cecil Street Garage for compost, wood chips or waste oil disposal during this construction project.
Harrison Street (Fairwood Drive to Gail Avenue)
- This street is closed.
- A detour is posted using Byrd Avenue, Commercial Street and Winneconne Avenue.
The construction of a railroad overpass on Cecil Street and reconstruction of Cecil Street from Green Bay Road to Hunt Avenue will be completed in 2007. The proposed project will construct a railroad overpass, reconstruct Cecil Street pavement between the Neenah Slough and Hunt Avenue, replace the bridge over the Neenah Slough and construct a roundabout at the intersection of Cecil Street and Green Bay Road. Utility construction is underway now and should be completed by mid-June. The State has bid the overpass project. Street construction is scheduled to begin in June and construction of the overpass is scheduled to begin in early July with completion scheduled for December 2007. Cecil Street will be closed to traffic in early June when the railroad signals are removed. A detour route will be marked using Green Bay Road, Winneconne Avenue and Commercial Street.
South Commercial Street Reconstruction
This State Department of Transportation has delayed this project at least one year because of a shortage of funding.
General Street Construction - 2007
Amber Lane (Skyview to Bayview) - 2" bituminous overlay
Austin Avenue (Jackson to McKinley) - sewer/water main
Curtis Avenue (Commercial to Henry) - water main
Jackson Street (Commerical to Henry) - sewer/water main
Lake Street (Main to Winneconne) - storm sewer/sanitary sewer/water main
Langley Boulevard (Commercial to Marathon) - water main
Mark Court - water main
McKinley Street (Austin to Henry) - sewer/water main
Nicolet Boulevard (Third to Lake Winnebago) - sewer/water main
Park Drive (Nicolet to Forest) - sewer/water main
Second Street (Nicolet to Forest) - sewer/water main
Smith Street (Torrey to railroad) - bituminous overlay
Tyler Street (Henry to railroad) - sewer/water main/curb and gutter/bituminous overlay
Wright Avenue (Commercial to Marathon) - water main
General Street Construction - 2008 (tentative)
Austin Avenue (Jackson to McKinley) - final bituminous overlay
Betty Avenue (Gail to McKinley) - water main
Curtis Avenue (Commercial to Henry) - final bituminous overlay
Henry Street - bituminous overlay
Hunt Avenue (Cecil to Madison) - water main
Jackson Street (Commercial to Henry) - final bituminous overlay
Langley Blvd (Commercial to Marathon) - final bituminous overlay
Madison Street - bituminous overlay
Mark Court - final bituminous overlay
McKinley Street (Austin to Henry) - final bituminous overlay
Ninth Street - water main/bituminous overlay
Park Drive (Nicolet to Forest) - final bituminous overlay
Reddin Avenue (Cecil to Winneconne) - water main
Riverlawn Street - water main/bituminous overlay
Second Street (Nicolet to Forest) - final bituminous overlay
Thomas Court - water main/bituminous overlay
Whitlow Street (Harrison to Main) - water main
Whitlow/Mayer - bituminous overlay
Wright Avenue (Commercial to Marathon) - final bituminous overlay
Zemlock Avenue - bituminous overlay
Future Street Construction
For five year street construction program link to 2007-2011 Capital Improvements Program.